User Portal (BYOD device registration)
The portal for standard Zones will prevent non-registered Devices from accessing the relevant Network. Only Users who were set up in the SteelConnect with an email address and/or mobile phone number can self-register their Devices with the Portal.
Users can be added manually by an Administrator in SteelConnect Manager > Users or they can be automatically imported and synced with Active Directory/Google Apps (Users > Directory Sync).
Users can register their Devices using the following methods:
- Email (Users can register themselves via pre-setup user mail address and receive an authorization code via Email)
- SMS (Users can register themselves via pre-setup user mobile phone number and receive an authorization code via SMS)
Guest Portal - Voucher
- Batched Vouchers
- Batched vouchers are pre-generated, so they can be printed and given out to users without system interaction. It is possible to download each batch in CSV format.
- Voucher Options:
- Amount of vouchers
- Time limit - (For how many days a voucher should be valid once it has been activated)
- Amount of devices - (How many devices (MAC addresses) can be registered to this voucher)Traffic limit (MB) - (Upper traffic limit for a single voucher in this batch)
- Named Vouchers
- Named vouchers are created on-occasion. They carry a direct reference to the user, like the real name. Named vouchers are managed in a separate mini-GUI, accessible with a password. This password ONLY provides access to named voucher management for this portal. The voucher can be printed or directly send to guest with email or SMS.
- Voucher Options:
- Start and end dates
- Traffic limit
- Device limit
Guest Portal - Authenticated
Users don’t need to be pre-registered with the SteelConnect. They also have alternative registration methods to make it easier to accommodate guests.
Guest Users can register their Devices using the following methods:
Guest Portal - ToS (Terms of Service) only
Users must view and acknowledge the terms of service before being allowed on the network.